All futures market investors are required to pay attention to the following to avoid any problem/fraud while investing in Futures contract:
- Verify authenticity of brokerage house and broker/agent.
- Never sign any blank document or cheque.
- Verify if the margins paid to the broker have been remitted to PMEX.
- Get the account balance statement from the brokerage house/broker on daily, weekly or quarterly basis to know the current position of the holding maintained in the account. The same may also be collected from PMEX to countercheck the broker’s record.
- Keep documentary evidence of the following:
- Certified duly signed copy of Account Opening Form.
- Copy of document evidencing payment made to and received from the brokerage houses/brokers.