He is required to fill out and submit an account opening form. The payment can be made through debit/credit card or other medium specified by the pension fund manager and an acknowledgement receipt is issued on the spot.
- Under no circumstances, cash should be given to the pension fund manager for investment.
- These formalities will be completed by the employer if he is contributing on behalf of the individual.
- It is important to keep the relevant documents such as contribution receipts, account statements, copy of account opening form, nomination forms, etc. for personal record, as a proof.
The investor is required to provide the following at the designated sales points of the Asset Management Company
- Application / Account Opening Form
- Documents mentioned in the Account Opening Form
- Cheque/Demand Draft in favor of Trustee of the Fund